Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Back For a New Semester

So I am back again with a new round of classes. This semester I will be participating in Ad Lab, our senior advertising lab. As a class we participate in AAF's National Student Advertising Competition, which draws 120+ teams every year. Ithaca always does really well, its difficult because we are in District 2 which is the toughest District in the country with schools such as Syracuse, NYC, Baruch and approximately 20 other schools in the area.

This year, the client is The Century Council, which are the distilleries against drinking. Ridiculous, I know. And with a smaller client, its a smaller budget of only $10m. But it should be a great semester, as I am in the creative dept and I want to be the Creative Director next year.

So all we have really worked on this far in the creative dept was choosing our agency name, and I think we settled on "Bento", which is a Japanese lunch that includes everything in it. So the idea we are going with is we are bringing everything together. I have a few ideas for the logo, and I'm pretty sure we are just going to go with a text treatment or custom font.

Here's what I have so far.

This will the first post of many for this semester. So enjoy, and as usual, any critiques are welcome.

2 comments:

Scott Bulger Photography said...

Since you are using a Japanese word, how about a font with a little Asian flair to it?

PS. I had a great Bento Box for lunch a couple weeks ago at Moritomo.

Jealous?

Anonymous said...

BU and Emerson are in District 1 not District 2.