Saturday, November 8, 2008

Wiki Ads, how to learn anything about anything

So I decided to work on a campaign for Wikipedia because I owe so much to it, and its fantastic free information. Honestly, half of the time I'm using Wikipedia is because I am playing a game my friends and I like to call "Five Clicks to Jesus". This is when you start by clicking the 'Random Article' button, and you now have 5 clicks to get the Jesus Christ page. I have never once not been able to accomplish this feet, it is a very addicting game.

Random Article:
Andrey Mizurov:
A Kazakhstani professional road bicycle racer born in 1973.
January 20, 1973: President Richard Nixon was inaugurated.
His Democratic challenger was John F. Kennedy, and the race remained close for the duration.
John F. Kennedy was officially a Roman Catholic.
The Catholic Church defines its mission as spreading the message of Jesus Christ.

No matter where you start, you can always do it. And honestly, I feel like this translates into a good campaign that shows the dexterity and versatility of Wikipedia. Any and all comments are welcome.



3 comments:

Scott Bulger Photography said...

I like the idea of using the connection aspect of Wikipedia, but not necessary the final goal as I think that JC would be to polarizing.

This is reminiscent of the old "6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon" game where you tried to get from any actor to Kevin Bacon by connecting 6 movies.

Start with Mickey Rourke

Mickey Rourke was in Get Carter with Sylvester Stallone

Sylvester Stallone was in Demolition man with Sandra Bullock

Sandra Bullock was in Speed with Keanu Reeves

Keanu Reeves was in The Matrix with Lawrence Fishburne

Lawrence Fishburne was in Mystic River with Kevin Bacon


SO, I like the idea as it has a lot of appeal, but I would go with a less polarizing final target. As opposed to JC, maybe have the final goal be Santa Claus or George Washington or something similar.

Connor said...

seconded^

Scott Bulger Photography said...

I like the new ad above.