Wednesday, November 5, 2008

President Elect Obama



Last night, after a two year campaign, Barack Obama was elected the 44th president of the United States. My friends and I watched election coverage from around 1pm until Obama gave his speech at Grant Park in Chicago. We just witnessed history from so many different angles, and I couldn't be happier. After donating time, money and effort, Obama was elected. And not on a platform of fighting or fear, but hope, change and challenging the status quo. I just want to say congratulations to President Obama, I am far more hopeful for the next four years than I had previously been, and congratulations to everyone who fought and voted for him and this election. Like he said in his speech, this was our victory and we will not forget this.

As soon as Obama's victory had been announced, students poured into the Ithaca College quad. Out of a campus of 6,500 students, where only 4,000 or so live on campus, I would say about 2,000 rushed to the middle of the campus and marched accros campus screaming and shouting. I have never been happier to be an Ithaca College student, or a college student in general.





1 comment:

Scott Bulger Photography said...

Congratulations on being on the Obama team from Day One.