Tuesday, October 7, 2008

First Blog

Hey,
so I thought I would give this a shot for a few reasons.
1) Don't see lots of family for long periods of time and this will give them something to read if they care to read.
2) There are a bunch of things I see around town and online that I feel like I should tell someone, and there are not always people around.

So at this point a week ago I started tearing ads out of magazines and putting them up on my wall. I read through a 200pg copy of G.Q. and although half of the magazine was ads, I found about four ads that I actually liked. There is a somewhat new campaign for Old Spice that came out by Wieden+Kennedy, which was a surprise because Saatchi and Saatchi usually handles Proctor and Gamble accounts. I especially love the campaign because a commercial and and a print ad featured Nell Patrick Harris...aka Barney from How I Met Your Mother and Dr. Horrible.








So I will try and update this with my own work, as well as my general ideas on politics, advertising and life.

2 comments:

Scott Bulger Photography said...

Welcome to the world of blogging. Good start.

Anonymous said...

Interesting ads...really like the one's for the play, the Tom Brady ad, and the NPH/Old Spice ads (I know, not your creation).

Way to go Garin!!
Mom