Thursday, October 16, 2008

Obama and McCain's Last Debate

Last night on Wednesday night, Obama and McCain squared off in their third, and final debate at Hofstra University. I won't hide my enthusiasm and support for the Obama campaign, but this campaign was pretty much the same old thing. Obama is ahead in polls in the national setting and all of the swing states, so he played it safe. While McCain, behind in all of the polls went on the attack the entire time. The most interesting discussion was on negative campaigning.



McCain claims Obama is running the most negative campaign in history, while Obama claims 100% of McCain's ads are negative.

Both are wrong.

McCain has run positive ads in the past, but as of now all of his ads that are running are negative. Overall, about 71% of his ads have been negative in nature.

Obama has a lot more money at his disposal so a lot more ads are coming from the Obama camp. But at this point, only 63% of his ads have been negative.

I have never once seen a negative ad in my life and then thought better of the candidate sponsoring it. Shape up guys. I expect more from Obama, as I am voting for him. I realize my bias, and will at no point attempt to cover it up.



No comments: