Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Package Design

I have realized that one of my guilty pleasures is package design, and in terms of drinks and alcohol, bottle design. I believe it has the most impact on a purchase because it is the last thing you see before you decide to put it in your basket, or cart, or whatever you may have.

Alcohol bottles, whether wine, beer or liquor, always seem to be the most eye catching. Color, shape and typography all lend themselves to creating these fantastic bottles. Half the reason I purchase any alcohol bottle over another is due to the bottle and packaging.

There is a reason that brands put a lot of money into making sure that these bottles look fantastic, because they can turn a customer off with bad packaging just as easily as they can turn one on with good. When I see a poorly designed package or bottle, I immediately either think poorly of the brand, or will never even consider buying the product.

When looking at this bottle, which is not rubbing alcohol, but a brand of vodka, I think about what kind of brand they are. It is not eye catching, and if anything, it makes you think of a medication bottle. I am personally a fan of very slim, simplistic designs. Anyone could tell this by looking at my bottle collection. Below are some more bottles that I enjoy looking at. Enjoy.



















No comments: